Since launching its private Beta for over a year ago, Swedish Revibe.fm have been having a bold ambition to become the number one streaming service for electronic music focusing mainly on the mainstream house and dance, but also including deep house, tech house, techno, dubstep and all the sub-genres.
The platform has evolved a lot and now stands ready for the official launch. And it all looks very impressive. Revibe is developed by 3 Stockholm based developers, but the user experience is not far from the likes of Spotify or Deezer. Official release features include:
- Playlists (compile playlists from you favorite EDM tunes)
- Autofade – the tracks actually smoothly fade into each other, magically beatmatching regardless the BPM
- A lovely DJ mixer with digital EQ, cross-fader, loops, three impressive effects and a sync option allowing you to mix you favorite tracks at your party (Hey, is playing two tracks at the same time even allowed by current streaming licenses?)
- Selected tracks feature – A feed curated by Revibe Editors
- Social feeds allowing you to check out what everyone on Revibe and your friends on Revibe are listening to.
- Top 100 most popular tracks on the platform
It all looks and feel just great.
But what about the library?
To check out the diversity and size of the Revibe library we decided to look for some of our favorite tracks as well as for some of the more mainstream EDM titles. Below are the tracks we were able to find and not.
Andycap – Time – YES!
Ame – Rej – NO
Adrian Lux – Teenage Crime (Axwell & Henrik B Remode) – YES!
Feed Me & Crystal Fighters – Love is all I got – YES!
John Dahlbäck – Hustle Up (Albin Myers Remix) – YES!
Joris Voorn – Chase the Mouse – Yes!
Laurent Garnier – Man with the Red face – NO
Maceo Plex – Ain’t that love – NO
Nicolas Jaar – Mi Mujer – NO
Özgür Can – The Kings – YES!
Serge Devant – Sweet Harmony – YES!
Skrillex – NO
Skrillex dub cover by Cover Pop – YES!
Solomun – Explicit – NO
Solomun – Cloud Dancer – No
All in all it seems that the Revibe’s licence library is a bit poor, currently holding tracks from the majors and the top commercial EDM labels like Spinning Records, Mutants, CR2, Ultra, etc. The service and it’s ambitions are still very very impressive and we can nothing but wish them the very best luck for the future. (And that they add many more good tracks ;)
Check out Revibe.fm right here.