We caught up with our friends at Get Tropical to talk Future Classic, Partyfine and bringing a bit Parisian cool to London…
– Hey, Get Tropical. We’ve been loving the mixes and selections. Could you tell us a bit about the project and your backgrounds?
GT: Get Tropical was designed as a form of escapism from the day to day mundane life in London. The ethos to the project was to ensure that each and every single one of the tracks featured in our mixes could transport you to a much warmer and exotic land.
– The ‘Tropical’ sound is really in the moment, with some great stuff coming from Scandinavia – in the form of people like Kygo and Tobtok. Are there any new artists you’re looking at that you’re really digging?
GT: Whilst, we’re big fans of the ‘Tropical’ sound, we’re try keep our sets varied by playing a wide range of music. We’re really into the music released by labels such as Future Classic, Partyfine and Roche Musque but equally love acts as Jungle and Hot Chip. Basically, if it sounds good on a beach or poolside, then it gets played!
– You’re based in London, but there’s a definite Parisian vibe. Can you tell us more about the two scenes?
GT: Oui! Oui! We’re both really into our French house music. We have a lot of French friends so we’re often in-between Paris and London, which is great as we love the French scene right now. The likes of Anoraak, Zimmer, Yuksek, Jean Tonique etc. plus Paris has some of the best clubs right now too, including our favourite outdoor club Wanderlust. A must visit!
– How would you describe your individual musical backgrounds?
GT: We’ve been into dance music, across all different genres as far back as I can remember… but what initially got us hooked on music initially was guitar music. Both of us have been in bands in the past and whilst the music we play these days tends to be more electronic, we still have a passion for guitar based music.
– What’s in store for Get Tropical and the rest of the year?
GT: Well… we’ll both be keeping busy with our monthly Tropical Tapes, and we will have some guest DJ playlist spots coming up very soon…so watch this space!
– Tell us about your top 5 tracks of 2015 so far…
GT: We’re really into a mixed bag right now! So I would say fave tunes I have on LOOP:
Paradis ‘Garde Le Pour Toi’
Jungle – Time (Darius Remix)
Tame Impala ‘Let It Happen’
Roosevelt ‘Hold On’
HONNE ‘Costal Love’
– Lastly, when we finally get you over to Sweden for coffee. Are you gonna have the cinnamon or cardamom bun?
GT: Definitely cinnamon. We love the sweet stuff!
You can follow Get Tropical on Facebook and Soundcloud and check out their exclusive mix for us below. Bious !
Follow Get Tropical on Facebook ✔️ https://www.facebook.com/gettropicalofficial
Follow Get Tropical on Soundcloud ✔️ https://soundcloud.com/gettropical
1. Shura – Touch (CANVAS Remix)
2. Monsoon Season feat. Miss Bee – Green On Blue (Original Mix)
3. Moullinex – Take A Chance (Satin Jackets Remix)
4. Body Language – Really Love (Gold Fields ‘Body Funk’ Remix)
5. NTEIBINT feat. Stella – The Owner (Anoraak Remix)
6. Jessie Ware – Cruel (Klaves Remix)
7. Jungle – Time (Darius Remix)
8. Danglo – Forget You
9. Jett ft. Rachel K. Collier – Second Thoughts
10. Shameboy ‘Trippin’ (Mickey Remix)
11. Jam Xpress & Charlie – Open My Eyes (Ben Remember Remix)
12. Alex Metric – Always There
13. Lifelike & Kris Menace – Ready 4 Love
14. Club Cheval – From The Basement To The Roof (Oliver Remix)