It’s almost March and we are all waiting for the spring. Here is the year’s first promocast. A funky spring mix, a sallad of the my favorite forthcoming releases. With a few old-school classics sprinkled on top.
Join me on Facebook, if you like the mix: http://www.facebook.com/djskyjacker
1. Anton Lanski – Foreign Hearts (Paronator Remix) [iTech Soundsystem] My favorite St:Petersburg based deep house label ITech just signed another talented Russian. This one is remixed by Promotor of Anjuna Deep tribe and the whole 5 track EP is out soon on iTech St:Petersburg
2. Renato Ratier – Soul Machine [D-Edge Records] Next out is Renato Ratier – The DJ Boss of famous D-Edge Brasil, brings back the 70s funk in Soul Machine. This is his debut EP on D-Edge very own D-Edge Records. Out end of March.
3. Lay-Far – Re-Mystery II (Terrence Parker Remix) [JD Records]
Another Russian around – Moscow Based Lay-Far signed a track to JD Records.
JD is a new vinyl only label operated by Jimi Disko right out of the Subwax Barcelona.
The legendary Terrance Parker remix smells like early morning spring sun in Chicago.
4. Lars Vegas – The Game [Large Records]
Chicago meets Amsterdam as Detroit Based Lars Dales uncovers a new monicer. Out end of March.
5. Martin Brodin – Oh Yeah [MB Disco]
The Swedish techno veteran makes a tight direction change and uncovers a nu-disco album to be released in the end of March. Oh yeah is my favorite track so far
6. DJ T – City Lights (Maceo Plex remix) [Get Physical 2011]
This guy called Maceo Plex has been dominating large parts of the scene for the next few years. Here is his already classic remix for Get Physical Music. The lyrics and the track are rewritten from an 80s disco classic I’ve forgotten.
7. Julien Jabre – Paixão [Elias Production 2003]
Paris, France – late 90s / early 2000s. Africanism all-stars, samba influences. You know the drill.
8. Salif Keita – Madan (Martin Solveig Exotic Disco Remix) [Universal France 2003]
Same as above. This tracks is oldschool enough to not sound cheesy and works every time on every dancefloor.
Subscribe to HMWL Podcast: HMWLPodcast